Evidence-Based. Without Constraints.
AgnosticInvesting.com is my personal fun-project and an infinite notebook to organize resources. While I primarily write to improve my own learning, my goal is to provide high-quality, professional, useful, and honest investing-content to everyone who is interested.
The WordCloud above and the following points give you an idea about what I focus on. Having said this, I generally write about everything I find interesting.
- Equities (stocks, ETFs, funds)
- Rigor scientific research, data, and papers
- Systematic strategies and quantitative methods
- Perspectives on the investment industry
- Investment philosophies and behavioral finance
Subscribe and Stay in Touch
I hate websites where I have to first click away a bunch of subscription pop-ups. Since I don’t want to own a website that I would hate as a user, I will not annoy you with a pop-up. But I am still shameless and of course want you to subscribe.
Use the form below to get all updates via e-mail. You can be sure that I will respect your inbox and only send content that I believe is high-quality, professional, useful, and honest.
My personal e-mail and, even more importantly, that of my wife is also on the list. So we have a mutual interest in not receiving junk.
Get Content via E-Mail
What I Am Writing About
Active vs. Passive Alternative Data AQR Asset Allocation Behavioral Finance Empirical Facts Equities Factor Investing Fundamental Analysis Funds & ETFs Global Investment Industry Long History Machine Learning Manager Selection Market Indices Momentum Investing Multi – Asset Passive Investing Quality Investing Robeco Security Selection Stocks USA Value Investing
Find Me on Twitter / XTweets by AgnosticInvest
Why a Website?
First, I believe that I only understand something when I can write it down in plain and simple words. Writing publicly, even without an audience, forces me to do that and it is nice to see my work growing at one central place.
Second, I hope to receive feedback on my work and connect with like-minded people to exchange ideas and collaborate. Feel free to send me an e-mail.
Third, I am a shameless capitalist. I started this project because it’s fun and helps me to learn. But what is useful for me, may also be useful for others. I therefore run this website pretty business-like and am perfectly willing to provide services for everyone who is interested (and willing to pay). I warned you that I am shameless…
- Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.1This, of course, is a variant of a quote famously attributed to Albert Einstein.
- Quality over quantity – look for the few great things that make all the difference.2This is famous as Sturgeon’s Law, the idea that 90% of everything is junk. Don’t believe it? Read this post… And of course, I am not an exception of this. It is hardly possible that all of my content will be great. But I do believe that I have a few positive outliers that make the website valuable.
- Spend more time and energy on avoiding problems than on solving them.3Some people also attribute the quote “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.” to Albert Einstein. I don’t know if he actually said it.
- Honesty, integrity, and responsibility are non-negotiable.
- Find the balance between conviction, open-mindedness, and adaptability.
- Follow facts and logic, and put them into systematic processes.
- Only do things you understand and where you have a competitive advantage.
- Don’t take everything, and in particular yourself, too seriously.
My goal is to provide high-quality, professional, useful, and honest investing-content. Professional means that this website probably requires some knowledge about finance and investments. I am not the right address for beginner’s advice on your personal finances, so the target audience are probably professionals and sophisticated individual investors.
Obviously, I don’t want to discourage anyone from reading my stuff. But please bear with me that I cannot always start from scratch. On the other hand, I also take responsibility when a reasonably smart person doesn’t understand what I mean because that shouldn’t happen with good writing.
Anyway, I am working on a Investing for Beginners page because some friends and family asked me. Once finished, you will find it here.
|1||This, of course, is a variant of a quote famously attributed to Albert Einstein.|
|2||This is famous as Sturgeon’s Law, the idea that 90% of everything is junk. Don’t believe it? Read this post… And of course, I am not an exception of this. It is hardly possible that all of my content will be great. But I do believe that I have a few positive outliers that make the website valuable.|
|3||Some people also attribute the quote “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.” to Albert Einstein. I don’t know if he actually said it.|