Almost exactly one year ago, Antti Ilmanen (Partner at AQR Capital Management) released his outstanding book Investing Amid Low Expected Returns: Making the Most When Markets Offer the Least. The book is (in my opinion) a must-read and the timing couldn’t have been better. Many of the key themes began to materialize in 2022. Given how much markets have changed since then, Antti released a few updates for six of his major ideas in this week’s AGNOSTIC Paper.
- The low expected return challenge
- Investors’ response to low expected returns – private markets
- What happened in 2022 and where we stand now
- Long-only versus long-short strategies
- Downside protection via trend-following