IWN: Low Growth Is Not Necessarily Value
February 28, 2023
- Systematic value investing is the idea that fundamentally cheap stocks tend to outperform expensive stocks over the long term on average.
- The iShares Russell 2000 Value ETF tracks the Russell 2000 Value Index and offers a simple, transparent, and cheap implementation of the value premium for US small caps.
- Unfortunately, the index equates “value” with “low sales growth” and therefore contradicts with well-known results of the academic and practitioner literature on the value factor.
- Despite decent performance since inception in 2000 and over the last years, IWN is therefore not my preferred value instrument.
- SA #18: RPV – ‘Pure Value’ Is Indeed More Value Than ‘Value’
- SA #17: IUSV – Transparent Value With Modest Active Risk
- SA #16: IWD – Low Growth Is Not Necessarily Value – Also For Large Caps
- SA #15: VLUE – Transparent Value With Little Industry Bets
This content is for educational and informational purposes only and no substitute for professional or financial advice. The use of any information on this website is solely on your own risk and I do not take responsibility or liability for any damages that may occur. The views expressed on this website are solely my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of any organisation I am associated with. Income- or benefit-generating links are marked with a star (*). Please also read the Disclaimer.