VLUE: Transparent Value With Little Industry Bets
February 28, 2023
- The core idea of value investing remains unchanged since its introduction by Graham and Dodd in the 1930s: fundamentally cheap stocks tend to beat expensive stocks on average.
- The iShares Edge MSCI USA Value Factor ETF tracks the MSCI USA Enhanced Value Index and provides cheap, efficient, and transparent systematic value exposure among US large caps.
- Importantly, the underlying value index incorporates several insights of the literature on the value factor (multiple value signals, value-rankings within sectors, and no unintended industry bets).
- For investors who want US value exposure without running into unintended sector bets and without taking too much active risk, VLUE is an interesting instrument.
- SA #18: RPV – ‘Pure Value’ Is Indeed More Value Than ‘Value’
- SA #17: IUSV – Transparent Value With Modest Active Risk
- SA #16: IWD – Low Growth Is Not Necessarily Value – Also For Large Caps
- SA #15: VLUE – Transparent Value With Little Industry Bets
This content is for educational and informational purposes only and no substitute for professional or financial advice. The use of any information on this website is solely on your own risk and I do not take responsibility or liability for any damages that may occur. The views expressed on this website are solely my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of any organisation I am associated with. Income- or benefit-generating links are marked with a star (*). All content that is not my intellectual property is marked as such. If you own the intellectual property displayed on this website and do not agree with my use of it, please send me an e-mail and I will remedy the situation immediately. Please also read the Disclaimer.